Health, Safety and Environment Policy
HSE And Security Policy
Together, we have the highest concern and commitment for protecting the Health and Safety of all employees, contractors, customers and the communities in which we operate and for conservation of the Environment.
We will comply with all Statutory Regulations and may even go beyond these for the benefit of our environment.
We consider Health, Safety and Environmental aspects are an integral part of our business planning and operation processes.
Based on these guiding principles, we shall:
Demonstrate our commitment by:
- Providing and maintaining safe facilities and working conditions.
- Recognising that all employees have responsibility for their own safety and actions which could affect the safety of others.
- Adoption of appropriate technologies to minimise the impact of our activities on the Environment.
Establish clear objectives and targets to:
- Improve continuously for prevention of accidents occupational illnesses and minimising any impact of our activities on the environment.
- Promote learning through training and sharing of experiences and best practices; including with contractors, customers and the public, wherever required..
- Inculcate values and attitudes conducive to achieve excellence in Health, Safety and Environmental performance.
Provide means to achieve our mission by:
- Assigning clear roles and responsibilities at all levels and periodically reviewing and recognising contribution to HSE objectives.
- Allocating adequate resources.
- Fostering a spirit of participation by all employees in Health, Safety and Environmental conservation efforts.
- Creating appropriate forums for deliberations on Health, Safety and Environmental issues.
Monitor performance by:
- Periodically auditing work processes, systems practices and promptly correcting deficiencies.
- Incorporating HSE performance as a parameter for assessing the overall performance of Employees, Business Units, Contractors and Business Associates.
We have the highest concern for the Security of human lives and Corporation’s properties, goods and services.
We also commit ourselves to be alert and responsible to prevent theft, mis-use, loss, damage, pilferage and sabotage of any nature which will hamper our business interests / continuity.
Commensurate with this commitment, we shall:
- Adhere to security rules, regulations and laws of the land.
- Provide effective and proactive measures for Physical and Internal Security as explained in the Security Manual – at all Refineries and Marketing establishments.
- Keep ourselves in readiness to meet all emergency situations by appropriate action plans.
- Actively participate in implementation of security measures to combat external threats.
- Reinforce the security set up by providing regular trainings and up gradation of facilities.
Monitor effectiveness of security measures by surprise checks, mock drills and take corrective actions.